A U R O R A P l u g - i n s
Globally speaking, the Audition+Aurora software transforms a low-cost PC equipped with a good sound card into a versatile measuring and reproduction system, with functionality comparable to or exceeding over those of an MLS analyzer (MLSSA, TEF), of a digital waveform editor (Pro Tools, SAW, Sound Forge), of a binaural sound quality system (Head Acoustics, LMS, Bruel&Kjaer), and of a real-time DSP convolver (Lake Technology).
In more detail, AURORA is a collection of plugins, that make possible to:
- Fast convolve anechoic samples with (binaural) impulse responses, without the need of DSPs (Wave Convolver)
- Create excitation signals for MLS or IRS measurements (Generate)
- Create Multiple MLS excitation signal and Sine Sweep excitation signal
- Deconvolve the impulse response from measurements of the room's response, excited with the above signals (Deconvolver)
- Deconvolve multi-channel impulse responses from multiple MLS excitation
- Create an Inverse Impulse Response filter, both with Mourjopoulos least-squares technique (Inverse Filter) and with minimum-phase technique (Flatten Spectrum)
- Create the Cross-Talk cancellation filters for loudspeaker reproduction of binaural signals (Cross Talk Cancellation)
- Create advanced inverse filters with intrinsic cross-talk cancellation through the new Nelson-Kirkeby theory (Invert Kirkeby)
- Analyze the impulse responses according to ISO 3382, calculating Reverberation Times (by backward integration), EDT, Ts, C80, C50, D, LE, LF, IACC (Acoustical Parameters)
- Make an advanced spectral analysis (in FFT or 1/3 octave) of the sampled signals, with capability of averaging, multi-spectrum calculation and exporting of the results (Spectral Analysis)
- Conversion from UHJ to B-format surround sound signals, and vice-versa. The conversion is done by means of convolution with proper converting impulse responses.
- Compute speech objective quantities, such as Speech Transmission Index (STI) and Active Speech Level (ITU-P56).